Monday, March 8, 2010

Back To It + Almond Butter

After a fun Saturday night celebrating the 21st birthday of a college friend's sister i'm back to eating primally. I strayed a little bit with some extra drinks and some snacks (post-bar), but nothing like I used to in my pre-primal days. I limited myself to two slices of pizza afterwards and started drinking water at the last bar we were at...never would have happened in my earlier years. Overall, I think I did pretty well with sticking to my eating while still having a great time with everyone who attended. Looking forward to the next get together with friends.

Back to the grind at work today, but I had my first experience eating almond butter and it was fantastic! I spread it on some celery sticks and it might be a new favorite snack, satiating and tasty. Definitely better than peanut butter and waaaaay healthier for you. After checking out prices at a few different grocery stores for $6-$8 a jar, I was glad to find it cheaper at our local Trader Joe's for about $4! While still more expensive than peanut butter, the benefits far outweigh the extra $1.50 I have to pay for it. Can't wait to have some more tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment