Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Primal...I'm All In

Interesting how a viewpoint can change in the matter of two weeks. I was not completely sold on the 'Primal' lifestyle, although it was very intriging. Trying to break away from the conservative wisdom (CW) and years of so-called 'healthy' eating was difficult, but I did some research and tested the waters...as of today you can count me ALL IN!

Two weeks ago I had only started reading about primal/paleo eating and wasn't completely sure if it was for me or not. It wasn't the carbs I would need to give up or the bad food, but rather the potential cost of the food that worried me. In a recent post I noted how I haven't bought into organic foods, but with the primal diet it is a must! You really can't eat primal without consuming organic/grass fed/free range/hormone free/etc., vegetables, meats, and other foods. So, i've come to the realization that paying a little more for food now will save me in the long run.

I've started to feel somewhat better as far as my injured shoulder and knee as well, so i'm ready to get going in terms of working out and eating the primal way. Tonight I tried another recipe from Son of Grok, and another success! Tonight it was meatloaf with a couple minor tweaks (mainly some extra bacon on top) from the orginal recipe. Don't the pics look amazing?!

Until the next.
















No comments:

Post a Comment