Sunday, February 14, 2010

Paleo/Primal Eating...is it legit?


Recently i've come across some different websites and reading material in my quest to find the right eating plan. I freely admit that I have not done enough background and research on the topic, but what I have read so far has definitely opened my eyes to other ways of eating outside the norm of what we have been told is the right way. The Paleo and Primal way of eating are very similar from what i've read, but slightly different in the way each looks at specific types of fat. Again, this is something I haven't researched enough to know the specific details, but so far they make a compelling argument for why the Paleo/Primal eating plan is the legit.


Basically, these two base their eating values (lifestyle) on the way our ancestors (caveman) ate and lived. These are high in protein and also include lots of vegetables, good fats, nuts and fruits. They focus on natural sources of food rather than processed and other manufactured items. You'll notice I did not mention carbs; as it has been said before and most notably of late with many Atkins people, 'carbs are the enemy.' I'll be sure to link additional information about this once i've read more, because this is an extremely brief overview of the Primal eating plan.


I thought i'd try out a recipe that fits into primal eating (technically anyway) that I found online. Since i'm new to all of this I figured i'd work myself in easy, so why not start with pizza?! The image is what it looked like, not too bad as far as asthetics go in my opinion. And the taste was actually quite good too...even my fiance ageed! (I'll post the ingredients/recipe soon, but the crust had ZERO carbs included if you can believe it).



No comments:

Post a Comment