Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Need of a Workout?

I'm a person who constantly gets injured or at the very least has minor nagging pains that seem to derail my focus on working out. These injuries started way back in junior high and continued through high school and college. So i've been accustomed to dealing with them, but it is frustrating when i'm trying to make gains in my lifting. That backstory leads me to the present where i'm dealing with a sore left shoulder, left elbow and right knee.

I've had to take a break from my P90X workouts over the last couple weeks because the pain in my shoulder and knee have affected me to the point where I have not been able to correctly finish certain exercises in the program. However, after having not really done much of anything over the last two weeks I was feeling the NEED AND WANT to get a workout in. So, I got home tonight and forced myself to make it through a workout. There were still certain parts I couldn't finish, but it was such a good feeling to finally get back to working out! Interesting how the body starts feeling the need to workout once a routine is in place.

Now, if only I could bottle up that need and want to use on the days when I really don't feel like working out. Oh well, push on I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment