Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Call To Action


Something must be done! Simply, it can not go on like this any longer.


I have hit a point where I am making excuses for my poor eating and justifying why I can't work out far too often. This is going above and beyond the 80/20 rule of primal eating and living and it is starting to affect my mood and lifestyle. While I am exteremely happy with my decision to go primal it has caused me to slack off in my workout efforts. By eating primally I have some how ingrained in my mind that it is ok to not workout as often or with the passion I had before. Taking a rest day if I am tired is fine, but these 'rest days' are popping up all the time lately.


So, I am challenging myself with a call to action to become more primal with my eating and living and kick start my butt back into my previous workout mode. Starting Monday (4/26/10) I am getting back to my solid four to five day a week program that pushes me to the max. There will not be any light 'cardio' days where I plug away on an eliptical machine at the gym for 30 minutes. I will either be stretching myself at home with various P90X dvds for bodyweight exercises or hitting the gym and doing heavy lifting and sprinting on the treadmill.


Still having the occasional vice like a beer or dark chocolate here and there is ok, but my primal eating needs to get back on track as well. I have less than three months until I get married and my goal from now until then is to stay the course and keep my focus straight. Of course, my bachelor party is another story but i'll only be gone for a few days and I plan to give myself a killer workout the Thursday morning before our flight.


For those of you out there in a similar rut or situation, ask yourself if you need a call to action as well? I know I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment