Thursday, May 20, 2010

A little behind, but still some Excellent Dinners!

My blogging has been a little lax lately but I'm determined to start doing a better job of getting relevant and timely posts up for my loyal readers:) Things have been a bit busy over the last couple weeks; bachelor party, roof leaking and helping PLAN A WEDDING! I understand that the planning is mostly being done by my lovely fiance, but even helping seems to take a lot of time. Also, trying to eat healthy and preparing meals on a daily basis can add to the time crunch. After getting home from work, preparing and eating dinner, doing dishes and other house chores, it is usually bedtime. As I've mentioned before, getting adequate sleep is a must!


So, I'm sort of cheating on this post but i'm including a few of my recent meals that we have consumed even though it is a bit late.



First up was my chicken with parmesan cheese, tomato, fresh basil (my faux Caprese salad meal) and avocado dish. With some green peppers on the side and a Pale Ale to finish. I actually put together a Caprese salad a few days prior and I had leftovers, still tasted great!
















Second; grilled cod marinated in evoo, lemon juice, cracked pepper and dill. Grilled yellow squash with some evoo and cracked pepper and green peppers. It is FINALLY time for grilling in Wisconsin and I plan on taking full advantage for the rest of the Summer!


















Lastly is my meal for tonight, a BIG salad. It consisted of baby romaine, organic spinach, four strips of bacon, a handful of walnuts, some green peppers and drizzled with evoo. Absolutely perfect for a day where we had a grill out at work and I didn't get my usual fill of salad greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment