Monday, May 17, 2010

Dinner: Primal Plus A Green Monster

Another week has begun and I wanted to start it out on the right foot with a solid workout and healthy eating. I got a great 30 minute workout in at lunch that consisted of a bench press, multiple pushup forms and a variety of back exercises. It's always nice to feel sore heading back for the afternoon...it means I did something right! Tomorrow is my legs and sprints day, always a killer.

For dinner I had a 1/2lb of grass fed beef, 1 avocado, roasted broccoli and a Green Monster to wash it down. The beef was previously browned with some cumin, the avocado was sliced and tossed in lime juice and the broccoli was roasted in the oven with some evoo and cracked pepper. Everything was excellent and exactly what I was looking for on a Monday night. The big surprise was the green monster drink that was made for me by my fiance. I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out FANTASTIC! The mix is below;


Green Monster


-2 cups spinach


-1 banana


-1 cup Almond Milk


-2 tbsp ground flax


-ice cubes

Apparently there are a lot of options with this drink, but this mix ended up tasting pretty great as we split the total amount into two glasses. Try it out, it is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment