Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fitness and Health

Fitness and healthly eating are key components to a long and healthy life, which is something I hope to have for many years to come. Recently i've started a new fitness and nutrition program that is challenging yet exciting, because the results I want will come only with total committment. The program I started is P90X and so far it has been every bit as challenging as I expected going in, both in working out and eating. I look forward to continuing the program as I am on Day 21 right now...before and after photos might even be posted if I achieve the results i'm working for!
The P90X program is set up in 3 phases which focus on what they refer to as 'muscle confusion'. It is meant to keep your muscles off balance and learning new moves constantly so your body never hits a plateau. After three weeks of working out i'm definitely feeling the effects of the the routines, so i'm looking forward to what days 31-60 have in store.
Healthy eating is a very important part of getting positive results as working out without the proper diet is a waste of time (and money in this case), because the body needs the proper fueling to achieve maximum results. It may be difficult at times to be 100% committed to this part, but making the sacrifice is necessary. I'm continually reading about new recipes that are both healthy and delicious, so if I find some worth sharing i'll be sure to include links on future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment